Frequently Asked Questions
- What is FPU?
- FPU stands for Furniture Painting University – a continuing education platform created for furniture artists who want to learn new techniques and find new products in an easy-to-use, time-saving environment. FPU delivers expert instruction and inspiration directly to your favorite device so you can learn at your own pace.
- How does a membership work?
- Memberships are billed on a monthly basis. When you become a member, you will have access to 15+ technique videos, Shop Talk, The Design Center, Styled to Sell and Student Benefits. Each week of your continued membership, you will receive one new video, and new content in every department. There are also many other benefits to being a member as described in the site. ‘
- How much does it cost? Month-to-Month Subscription – You will be charged $19.97 per month, and automatically renew on the same day each month following. For each month you subscribe, you have unlimited access to the FPU Campus.12-Month Subscription – A one-time payment of $199 gives you two months free with unlimited access to the FPU Campus for one year.
6-Month Subscription – A one-time payment of $99 gives you one month free with unlimited access for 6 months.
- How long does it take to receive my login information once I have paid for membership?
- You should receive your login information within a few minutes. If you do not receive it, please check your spam/junk folders. If you still cannot find it, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resend it to you.
- How do I log-in to FPU?
- You can click on the link at the top right corner of this site at anytime, or click here to go directly to the log-in page.
- I’d like to upgrade my monthly membership to a 6-month or 12-month membership. How do I do that?
- Please send an email to email@example.com with your membership preference and we will be happy to take care of that for you.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes, we do – Just click here to find out more!
- Are the contests open to international/Canadian members?
- FPU sponsors one contest every month that is not product-dependent and is open to all members regardless of location. Contests sponsored by products will be limited to those areas that the product is available.
- How do I change my password?
- Once you have logged in to FPU, click on Customer Center and then Account. You will be able to update your information there.
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- On the login page, click on “click here to resend my password”.
- Is my credit card information safe?
- We have a secure cert and all info is run through authorize.net which is a top notch credit card processor. It’s very important to us so we’ve taken all the necessary precautions.
- Can I pay with PayPal?
- Paypal does not allow monthly subscriptions to be paid through a paypal account, automatically. We can send you an invoice for a 6 month or 12 month membership. The balance of that membership can be paid using PayPal, and renewed at the end of the membership. If you are intersted in one of those options, please send us your email and membership preference to info@furniturepaintinguniv
- Will my subscription auto-renew each month?
- Yes, your credit card will be billed the monthly fee every month until you cancel.
- Can I watch the videos on my iPhone/iPad/other device?
- Yes, the videos are available on any device as long as you have an strong internet connection.
- Do I have to download any software or other technology to watch the videos?
- No – all videos are hosted on our servers – simply click to watch the video.
- Where do I find my videos?
- All videos are located in My Video Library and Bonus Videos.
- How do I get my new weekly videos?
- They are delivered to your FPU Video Library automatically every week and are added to the front of your video slider.
- Can I ask the instructors for help or clarification?
- Yes! There is a comments section available under every video, so just post your question there and our artists will get back to you as soon as possible!
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Over 97% of our members renew each month because of the value they are getting from the site. However, if you choose to unsubscribe you just login and go to the Customer Center. No hoops to jump through …no 30 day waiting periods (we hate that ourselves!). If you choose to cancel, your membership automatically cancels on your anniversary date and you are not charged any further.
- Will I still have access to videos etc. once my membership has been cancelled?
- No, you will no longer be able to login to FPU and see the information once your membership expires.
- If I choose to renew at a later date, will I have to start over from Week 1?
- No, we will reinstate your membership where you left off at the time of your cancellation.